Sunday, February 14, 2010

What an odd attraction.

So. I've got this little person sitting on one shoulder. "Blog...." she says... "Blog! It's good for the Sprit!" (well, I may not be completely there at 10:39 PM after three shots of energy elixir, so that may not be what she said, but...)

Needless to say, I love to write. And I love it even better when I type because it seems like the thoughts just come straight out my fingers. In fact, most times I require a filter because thoughts come out before I am able to process them ;-)

Last night, I went to the Caravan (informally dubbed "The 'Van") with some people from my Lifegroup. I walk in completely apprehensive. I haven't been to the Caravan since I was barely legal to get in. You know, back in the day when you had your ID ready to show about a half hour in advance because you were SO proud to actually be able to prove your age! Yeah, well.. Valentine's weekend, the 'Van is packed with people: people of every age, every style.. I saw a man in his 70s "dancing" on stage by himself (if that's what you label that hideous pelvic-thrust-move he was doing).. I saw a guy with a mohawk dancing with his girl-of-the-night in tight leather (her, not him)... I'm a people-watcher, so this works out just fine for me. I get off a few good laughs, all around enjoying the evening. I get to dance and I haven't danced in years. It's funny, something I'm so apprehensive about turns out to be a BLAST. Just like riding a bike :-)

Bedtime at 2:30AM, up at 7:30AM for church.

About a month ago, I started going to Lifechurch with my (then-) boyfriend. I previously had reservations about the place because of its size. I had previously been to large churches and loathed the disconnected'ness of it. Was I wrong. As soon as I walked in, I could feel the warmth of Lifechurch. Smiles everywhere, people greeting me and asking me how my week was. At the end of the first service, I was signing up to volunteer with the Host Team. During my next few visits there, the place grew more comfortable. To make a long and meaningless story short, I was now attending as a single girl, and very thankful for that. Lifechurch holds my focus. Pastor Craig's sermons are very intriguing. My attention is never lost and there is never a dull moment. I thank God for the opportunity to visit Lifechurch, for my new church family accepting me like they did, and for every door He has opened for me. With Host Team, I get a chance to do what I love best: interact with people! To engage in conversation with complete strangers. To make someone smile. And maybe to make someone feel welcome on their first visit, the same way someone likewise made me feel on my first visit.



I have also joined a Lifegroup. I can't tell you how good it feels to be involved with a group of Christians my age. To hear people my age talking about how God has been touching their lives and guiding them spiritually. To participate in Bible studies, and game nights.. I recently closed the door on some old friendships of mine. God opened a new one for me. I am excited to see the opportunities I have here. I know that I have a lot to contribute, and I know that I am going to be able to grow spiritually in ways that I never have.

I can feel God working in my life. Every day it seems, I begin to feel better. With every Sunday and every Wednesday that goes by, I feel stronger. I get recharged with the Holy Spirit! I am confident. Confident that he is working in my life every second I am breathing. I am so excited to see what he has for me. I know that the more of my life I let Him have, the more amazing things become!


Something exciting is going to happen for me... :-))))


I have an exam tomorrow in Therapeutic Exercise II. I'm not ready for it, but I will be praying for recall ;-) I think I might just be too tired. I have to get some sleep to make up for the 5 hours I got this morning. My mind isn't focusing right now. Studying now is pretty futile.

And that's why I'm blogging ;-)

Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment